Thursday, July 11, 2013

A Short Introduction

I like to write what I like to read: all things dark and edgy, twisted and bizarre. I started reading Alfred Hitchcock anthologies while still in elementary school, Stephen King in middle school, and anything and everything demented and deranged from high school onward.  It's a wonder I didn't end up a serial killer.

Instead, I went the opposite route and became a federal law enforcement agent. I guess after reading all that disturbing stuff, I felt driven to rid the world of all its wrongs. Didn't happen. Eventually marriage and babies took precedence, and the gun and badge got traded in for a laptop and a minivan. Freelance magazine writing became my new trade and served me well for several years. More recently, I've decided to concentrate on writing fiction. Some of my shorter pieces are available to read online at the links to the right. (Yes, it's me in the byline. One of my many names.)

Stay tuned for posts about the writing life, the publishing world, and anything else that happens to interest me at 1:30 in the morning. I promise not to talk about my kids. I don't promise, however, that I won't shamelessly plug my own work as it becomes available. Thanks for stopping by. I hope you'll check in again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment